If you haven’t tried storing logs in
always-on, always available, very affordable Azure Logs solution - I highly recommend you try it!
Because of this I decided to put Microsoft examples into a usable micro-module.
What are some usage examples? Currently we’re using Azure Log to:
- store relevant Event Logs and then consume with PowerBI - more information and examples in WEFTools repository
- store results of maintenance checks for infrastructure (Hyper-V, S2D, internal services, AD (pChecksAD))
- store software inventory of
not-always-connected-devices-to-on-premisesinto a common database
- store logs of actions performed by custom PowerShell scripts run from AzureAutomation or Intune
- store results of internal processes without dependancy on any database
- visualize data with PowerBI reporting
If you’d like to see some PowerShell usage example - here’s the link of two mentioned repos:
Why wrapping those three functions into a micromodule? This way I don’t have to copy-paste the same three functions into each module or computer that needs to use this. Also I’m have CI/CD set up so I’m more confident in building this that manual copy paste. Kevin Marquette has a great explanation of What is a micro module.